14:00 – 15:00
15:00 – 15:10
Chair's Opening Remarks
15:10 - 15:50
Efficiently Mapping the Procurement Spend - Analysing the Cost of Your Supply
Well devised spend analysis not only helps you achieve spend transparency and visibility, particularly important for organisations with diverse businesses, but also helps to improve supplier management and determine future purchasing strategy.
- Defining your core commodity categories to help you investigate who you spend the money with
- Creating a 360° view of your suppliers - achieving a clear picture of your suppliers and key add-ons
- Evaluating the supplier spend - identifying key criteria (including: procurement, technology, logistics, quality; are we key customer for this supplier? How do we work with this supplier?)
- Ensuring effective communication to the users to achieve accurate categorisation
- Strategic evaluation - technology trends, commercial aspects, sustainability
- Comparing and evaluating historical data vs. new data - applying findings to your purchasing processes
Frank de Reij
AIR FRANCE KLM
15:50 – 16:30
‘Case Study: Long-Range partnerships - Strengthening Relationships with Your Suppliers Through an Innovative Financing and Payment Model’
In his session, Michael will introduce an innovative financing and payment model for suppliers they have developed and successfully implemented at Deutsche Post DHL in Germany and are about to launch in other countries of operation.
Michael will introduce the supplier finance model in more detail and will discuss how this newly implemented concept strengthens the Group's relationship with suppliers and contributes towards DHL's working capital optimisation.
Deutsche Post DHL
16:30 – 16:40
16:40 – 18:00
Problem Solving Sessions
Delegates will split into smaller, interactive groups to tackle a problem set in advance. This forum offers delegates the opportunity to share experience and knowledge, innovative strategies, benchmark against fellow procurement practitioners and work towards a common goal, encouraging CPOs to share best-practice approaches and apply their practical experience and strategic insights to a practical problem.
18:00 – 19:00
Best Practices in Emerging Markets Sourcing
19:00 – 20:00
Networking Drinks Reception
[ Request an Invitation ] • [ Next: Day Two: Thursday 23rd February 2012 ]